Scope of the Workshops
The Real-Time Systems Symposium (RTSS) is the flagship conference of the IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Real-Time Systems. RTSS 2017, the 38th edition of the conference, will take place in Paris, France from December 5 to December 8, 2017. Continuing a successful tradition, RTSS 2017 will organize one-day workshops on December 5th, 2017. The purposes of the workshops are to:
- strengthen interactions between the real-time community and other related research areas;
- create a stimulating environment that facilitates the discussion of open or hot research topics.
Proposal Submission Instructions
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit workshop proposals. Proposals should consist of two parts. First, a short scientific justification of the proposed topic, its significance, and the particular benefits of the workshop to the research community, as well as a list of previous or related workshops (if any). A second, organizational part should include:
- contact information for the workshop organizers;
- estimate of the audience size (note: the Workshop Selection Committee reserves the right to cancel workshops that have a low number of participants);
- past attendance numbers (if not a new workshop);
- proposed format (contributed short papers or long abstracts, invited papers, open discussion, keynote speakers, etc.);
- potential invited speakers (if any);
- proposed sponsorships (if any);
- procedures for selecting papers and participants (e.g., program committee, review process, etc.);
- plans for dissemination of contributions (e.g., website, special issues of journals, etc.);
- special technical or audio/video needs; and
- any other relevant information.
Proposals will be evaluated based on their quality and the qualifications of the organizers. Submission of proposals should be made by sending an email to Song Han (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “RTSS 2017 Workshop Proposal”.
Workshop organizers are NOT eligible to submit to their own workshops. Workshop organizers shall send in the list of accepted papers and authors to the RTSS workshop and RTSS PC chair prior to acceptance notification.
- June 9, 2017 – FIRM Workshop Proposal Submission Deadline
- June 23, 2017 – Workshop Selection Notification
- July 14, 2017 – Workshop Web Pages Posted with CFPs
- September 15, 2017 – FIRM Workshop Papers Submission Deadline
- October 13, 2017 – Workshop Papers Notification of Acceptance
- October 20, 2017 – FIRM Workshop Papers Camera Ready Deadline
Workshop Selection Committee
- Song Han, University of Connecticut, USA (Workshops Chair)
- Isabelle Puaut, University of Rennes/IRISA (Program Chair)
- Frank Mueller, North Carolina State University, USA (General Chair)