VISA AND INVITATION LETTER
In your request email, please include the following information:
- First & last name
- Gender (male / female)
- Birth date (to avoid month/day confusion, please use a format similar to dd-Mon-yyyy)
- Passport number & country of issuance
- Company / affiliation
For authors of accepted papers at RTSS 2017, workshops and Brief Presentations, please include also the title in your email.
For other participants, please register before you request the invitation letter. The organizers cannot commit to provide you an invitation letter without such registration.
STUDENT TRAVEL GRANTS
Sponsored by NSF and IEEE
The RTSS 2017 conference organizers anticipate the availability of Student Travel Grants to support the participation of students in RTSS 2017 events. Each grant will contribute towards partial reimbursement of registration and travel costs. Depending on available funding, it is anticipated that travel grants will be awarded in the amount of ~ 500$ per student.
Application Deadline: October 31st, 2017
Notification of Acceptance: November 7th, 2017
The award of the travel grants will be in accordance with the following guidelines:
- The applicant must be a current graduate student at an institution of higher education.
- The applicant must have a fully-paid student registration for RTSS and must physically attend the conference.
- Travel grants will be awarded on the basis of financial need. Students who are funded and have other means for covering their travel should not apply.
- Student applicants should pay the registration fees first and demonstrate their intention to travel to RTSS 2017. If selected, the travel grant should cover partially their registration and travel costs via a post-conference reimbursement.
- Awardees will then present a poster at the poster session, which particularly welcomes contributions to real-time aspects of IoT and CPS at the conference (in addition to their conference or BP contributions, see below).
How to apply
There are two paths to apply:
(1) If you are co-author of an accepted RTSS conference paper, you should submit a poster abstract associated with your paper. The PDF should include title, list of student authors requesting a travel grant, corresponding advisors, affiliation, and the abstract (same abstract as for the paper is fine) as a PDF.
(2) Any other students may apply via a brief presentation submission by indicating via a radio button that their submission should be considered for a travel grant.
Link to BP submission instructions, be sure to click Submission to be considered for a travel grant
In addition to (1) or (2), any student applicant needs to send an e-mail to
The subject of the e-mail must be
RTSS 2017 TRAVEL GRANT APPLICATION
in uppercase letters. This e-mail must include the student’s faculty advisor in the cc list. The e-mail must include
the following information:
Is your research funded by an active grant (yes/no)?
If Yes, is the NSF the source of funding (yes/no)?
Underrepresented/minority student (explain in few words):
The advisor is required to follow up with an email to acknowledge the accuracy of this information.
Successful applicants will receive award letters by e-mail together with instructions on how to receive partial refunds, which will be issued to the person or institution that covered the expenses after the conference (post-travel). In the past, travel awards were around $500, and we are targeting a similar amount (but the exact amount
depends on the number eligible applications and available funds).
TRAVEL GRANTS FOR PARTICIPANTS TRAVELLING WITH YOUNG CHILDREN
Sponsored by IEEE TCRTS and Inria
As a diversity measure, RTSS participants travelling with young children can receive support to cover some expenses of the accompanying persons or his/her expenses. For a participant travelling with an accompanying person, the grant mainly covers 4 extra lunch tickets, 1 extra banquet ticket, 1 extra reception ticket and partially covers travel expenses for an overall amount of 500€. If a participant travels without an accompanying person, then he/she must contact us (email@example.com) for adapting the grant based on his/her needs (babysitting, etc).
Applications will be considered on a first-come-first-served basis until the funding is exhausted. No application will be accepted after December 4th, 2017.
- Any participant travelling with at least one young child (at most 11 years old) is eligible.
- The applicants must pay their registration fees first and will receive the travel grant as reimbursement.
- Student grant applicants may also apply for this travel grant if they travel with an accompanying person.
How to apply
- During the registration process of the conference, please indicate that the participant is travelling with young children.
- The registration notification should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org as proof of accompanying person expenses.
- The accepted applications will receive details on the reimbursement procedure with the notification of acceptance at most 7 days after the application.